In the great debate of America’s favorite cookie, chocolate chip is probably the winner without question. Personally, I live for an ol’ nastyyy rich toffee situation. Chocolate chip cookies can be typically way too sweet, or just blah. The inconsistency of a great chocolate chip cookie made me lean towards other favorites. After playing with a few recipes, I’ve finally found the perfect mixture. Please enjoy my simple, yet delicious double chocolate chip cookie recipe. Most of the ingredients are probably already waiting for you in your pantry and fridge!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
½ teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
3 cups all-purpose flour
12oz bag NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Combine the butter, white sugar, cinnamon and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
3. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, and chocolate chips.
4. Drop by large spoonfuls onto wax paper. (Foil works just fine as well)
5. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
6. Most importantly, Enjoy! Please hash tag all pics #theconservativemisfit and or tag @thee_conservative_misfit_ on IG so that I can repost your creations! Peace and Love -Ne.