*Disclaimer: I never instruct people on how much seasoning to use in a dish. I feel like this is the portion of cooking where a person learns discretion and creates their culinary identity. I only share measurements that I feel are absolutely necessary.
2 lbs. ground beef
Extra virgin Olive oil
½ cabbage chopped in fine shreds
1 onion, chopped
Rice-A-Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice Mix, 4.3 oz Box
2 cups of chicken broth
1 10 oz. can Rotel
1 Can cream of mushroom
4-6 mini tri-color peppers (Any bell pepper will do)
- Add ground beef to large saucepan with onions. Season ground beef and onions. Cook until browned.
- Cook rice as instructed on the package.
- In a wok or large skillet, stir fry peppers and cabbage with olive oil and chicken broth. Seasoning with garlic, black pepper and creole seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a wok or a large bowl, combine the wild rice, ground beef, cabbage, rotel and cream of mushroom. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with sharp cheddar.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. Allow the dish to settle at least 10-12 minutes before serving.