From Dandy Dozen to Harlem Globetrotter, Chris “Animal” Hyche continues to engrave his name in the world of Basketball. Standing 6 foot 5 the Jackson MS native prides himself on “never backing down from a challenge”. Outside of being a phenomenal athlete Chris is rooted in both family and giving back. Check out my latest Q&A session with Chris below:
- How did you know that you wanted to pursue Basketball as a career?
I knew I wanted to pursue basketball as a career in 10th grade. From there, I started traveling playing the best players in the country. Even then, I was playing just as good as them if not better.
- Once your mark is complete and you decide to retire from the court, what field(s) are you most likely to dabble in?
Once I’m done with Basketball, I want to work with kids. I’ll probably get into training or coaching. I love fashion also so may be a field that I explore as well!
- Playing for the Globetrotters has taken you twice around the world, what are some of your most memorable moments?
Aww man that’s a tough one! Honestly, I have quite a few…BUT if I had to choose one it would be when I was given the honor to visit Mill Neck Manor School for the Deaf in New York. I had the opportunity to speak and fellowship with the students. It was a pretty cool experience.
- I’m curious a foodie, so I have to ask… What’s the most interesting food you’ve tasted and where were you?
Another tough one! Lol… Okay so I don’t eat red meat anymore but I converted back when I went to visit Argentina. The steak there is the best I’ve ever tasted in my life. They are known to have some of the best steak in the world. They definitely lived up to the claims.
- What’s a typical morning like for you? What are some of your morning essentials?
A typical morning for me is me getting up with my daughter to feed and enjoy the morning with her. I make breakfast (turkey bacon, eggs and toast or waffles) same every morning. After breakfast, I usually watch Undisputed with Skip and Shannon until it’s time for me to go to the gym. This is when I’m home when I’m on the road it varies from day to day.
- If any, do you have a favorite fragrance or must have personal care product?
Oh man, I have a few faves… A few from YSL, Givenchy Gentleman’s Only, Creed Aventus, Dior Sauvage and the latest from Coach. As far as personal care products I like all Shea Moisture products.
- Do you have any upcoming projects or events that you would like to share?
I’m currently working on my second basketball camp and also working on doing a basketball camp for children that are deaf and hard of hearing
- Who would you consider your greatest inspiration?
My family is my greatest inspiration